Dr. Fabiana Claure shares the framework she learned for a balancing of artistic passion with entrepreneurship on her music business.
From struggling to integrate her piano artistry with business ownership and motherhood, she discussed the framework of the “Musician’s Profit Umbrella®.” Drawing inspiration from historical women musicians like Clara Schumann, Dr. Claure guides listeners on creating a business model that seamlessly combines artistry and profitability. Learn how to consolidate diverse skills, monetize creativity, and build a unique brand.
Also in this episode:
- Struggle with Integration: This struggle included balancing time spent on artistic pursuits with the demands of running a business and being a parent.
- Monetization Dilemma: Struggling with the idea of not making money directly from artistic endeavors unless it was a well-compensated performance.
- Role Model Influence: As a professor, Fabiana felt the responsibility to be a role model for music students, showcasing how it’s possible to integrate creativity and artistry with building a successful career, especially for those pursuing degrees in music.
- Research and Inspiration: Fabiana conducted research on successful women musicians from the 19th and early 20th centuries who were also entrepreneurs. This research served as inspiration and provided insights into how these women managed to thrive both as musicians and business owners.
- Umbrella Framework: The development of the “Musician’s Profit Umbrella” framework involved the idea of building a business behind artistic pursuits. This framework encourages musicians to see themselves as the sum of all their skills, integrating their creative side with profit-producing avenues.
- Harmony between Artistry and Business: Instead of solely relying on direct income from artistic endeavors, building a broader online business allows musicians to monetize creativity while also creating brand visibility, credibility, and a harmonious connection between artistry and profitability.
Want to work with Dr. Fabiana Claure and her team?
Apply for a free Scalable Business Audit at: fabianaclaure.com/connect
Subscribe to the Musicians Creating Prosperity Podcast
Connect with Dr. Fabiana Claure
About Dr. Fabiana Claure
As a concert pianist, and former University professor turned 7-figure entrepreneur, Fabiana has helped thousands of musicians create scale their businesses while also winning back their time to focus on what matters most to them.
Prior to becoming a business strategist for musicians, She co-founded a nationally-featured music academy in 2011 called Superior Academy of Music®, and since 2016, she and her husband have managed it remotely across the country. By putting her business on autopilot, not only has the business benefited from them being able to work ON the business rather than IN the business, but it has also grown in efficiency and profitability.
Fabiana was the Founder and Director of the University of North Texas Music Business and Entrepreneurship Program for five years from 2016-2021. In this role, she spearheaded the creation of a major initiative that helped musicians launch their own businesses, win tenure-track University teaching positions, and gain arts administration jobs. The program was ranked among the top 15 music business schools in the country by Billboard Magazine during the entire 5 years she was leading it. She’s also maintained an active performing career playing in venues nationally, internationally, and virtually.
In 2020 she launched her signature online business mentorship program, using her Musician’s Profit Umbrella® method, which helps musicians all around the world package their skills into an online brand that allows them scale their businesses while also winning back their time. Her clients have been able to create six-figure income streams, 10x their revenue, step out of overwhelm and burnout, and design a completely new way of living.
In 2021, she took the entrepreneurial plunge and quit her full-time University job in order to focus on creating a lifestyle that embraces ease and flow, free from burnout, and that allows her to focus on her coaching business, her performing/speaking career, her family, and her overall state of wellbeing. She now help musicians unify their skills and scale their online music businesses to create rapid financial expansion and purposefully design their lives in alignment with their values and lifestyle goals.